ROSE POINT ECS
Commercial Grade Electronic Charting and Navigation Software for Microsoft Windows
Rose Point ECS improves operational efficiency, situational awareness, and decision making with straightforward, uncluttered displays and controls that provide instant access to the information you need to navigate safely.
When underway, Rose Point ECS provides you with the information you need with a quick glance at its clear, customizable displays and logical controls.
- Passing Point Predictors indicate where you will meet other vessels in confined waterways, even around bends in a river
- The Rate of Turn Course Predictor helps reduce over steering by indicating where the vessel will be in the future based on the current speed and rate of turn
- Advanced AIS support includes closest point of approach calculations and alarms and AIS vessel track saving
- Fully customizable instrument panels and screen layouts
- The Voyage Recorder records all navigation data as well as radar, sounder, and video images for playback at a later time
Rose Point ECS can use the official NOAA ENC® and NOAA RNC® charts directly; there is no need to purchase US charts in a proprietary format. Rose Point ECS even makes it easy to download and install these free charts. Official worldwide charts are available for purchase from Rose Point and other suppliers.
- Semi-Automatic Chart Updates
- NOAA ENC® and NOAA RNC®
- USACE IENC (2.0 and 2.1)
- S-57 ENC (including S-63 encrypted)
- Maptech BSB (raster nautical charts)
- Admiralty Vector Chart Service (AVCS)
Rose Point ECS provides tightly integrated, easy to use, and completely searchable supplementary navigation information including:
- Unlimited Routes and Waypoints
- Boundary Areas with Optional Speed Limits
- Document file based route and mark organization tools
- Easy file transfer and printing facilities
- US Port and Waterway Facilities Guide
- US Coast Pilot®
- International Sailing Directions
- Tide and Current predictions
- Weather forecasts and observations
- Gulf of Mexico Lease Block Boundaries
- Worldwide Gazetteer
- USACE Hydrographic Surveys
- NAVTEX message display (required NAVTEX receiver)
- NMEA 0183 / IEC 61162 and NMEA 2000®
- GPS, depth, speed, wind, AIS, heading, etc.
- Configurable port priorities and filtering
- Sensor offsets for accurate vessel positioning
- Video Cameras
- Radar overlay option available
The features of +Inland are ideal for vessels operating on the inland waterways.
- Mile Markers instead of latitude/longitude
- Graphical Tow Configuration editor
- Boat and tow are shown to scale on charts
- River Stage observations and forecasts